Now that you have a clear idea of your target audience, it is time to define your positioning. Positioning is the image you want to project to your target audience. It includes the values you want to put forward, your writing style, your editorial choices, etc.
It is essential to define your positioning from the beginning, as this will allow you to:
- differentiate yourself from other blogs on the same topic
- and create a strong identity for your blog.
By having a clear positioning, you can also attract readers who share the same values as you.
To define your positioning, you can ask yourself the following questions:
- What are the values I want to put forward on my blog?
- What makes me different from other blogs on the same topic?
- What is my writing style?
- What topics do I want to focus on?
Once you've answered these questions, you can create a list of keywords that describe your positioning and help you create a strong identity for your blog. Keep in mind that your positioning may change over time as your blog and your target audience evolve.